|View printer-friendly version|
FTI Consulting’s Technology Segment Expands Corporate Legal Department Transformation Solutions
The importance of legal operations has grown significantly in recent years, with economic and business drivers placing increasing emphasis on the need for corporate legal departments to streamline processes, reduce operating costs and implement automation. According to a
“Every legal department is unique, from the industry challenges they address to their technology stack and resourcing strategy,” said
FTI Technology’s Corporate Legal Operations practice helps organizations achieve operational efficiencies and measurable results across the legal operations spectrum, using the technology and services that best meet their needs. The expanded list of the practice’s legal operations assessments addresses key areas, including:
- Business Strategy Alignment: Establishing a solid foundation for legal operations begins with comprehensive planning and focuses heavily on aligning stakeholders. Through a data-driven approach, FTI Technology identifies gaps in legal processes to help align and shape strategic roadmaps.
- Resource Optimization: Assessments examine the risk and complexity of the department’s resourcing and recommend opportunities to realign work among in-house teams or cost-effective outside providers.
- Technology: Legal technology transformation requires a deep understanding of the legal department’s current state, anticipated future needs and industry-specific nuances. Equally essential is a holistic vision for the department’s optimal solution ecosystem and an overarching data strategy. When selecting a solution, implementation experience can be invaluable. FTI Technology’s experts have a proven track record of executing on each step of the transformation journey and planning for change before, during and after implementation.
- Process: FTI Technology’s process and system design experts work with clients’ legal operations teams to streamline workflows and maximize existing technology investments to minimize friction between the legal department and its business stakeholders.
- Spend and Vendor Management: By evaluating specific details about the overall legal spend and how outside vendors — including law firms, technology providers, e-discovery providers and trial services — are billing, FTI Technology provides deep insights into legal spend and recommendations for optimizing budgets.
- Operational Analytics and Reporting: As data becomes increasingly important to in-house counsel, FTI Technology helps clients unlock and interpret the information required to enable real-time reporting and dashboards and enable accurate, data-driven decision making.
FTI Technology’s experts have a proven track record of helping legal departments align their operations programs with business goals and develop customized solutions that empower in-house teams. The firm’s legal operations advisory, services and technology offerings cover every phase of the legal operations journey from assess and recommend to implement and measure. This comprehensive approach ensures that legal operations professionals can understand and improve their current state, future needs, best practices, technology enablement and performance benchmarks. To learn more about FTI Technology’s Corporate Legal Operations Assessments, visit here.
555 12th Street NW
Source: FTI Consulting, Inc.