|View printer-friendly version|
FTI Consulting Launches General Data Protection Regulation Services
For companies with employee or customer data for European citizens,
“While GDPR goes into effect just a few months from now, many multinational companies are still behind in preparing for compliance,” said
Companies that do not meet the stringent data protection requirements within the GDPR risk fines of up to €20 million or 4 percent of global annual revenues. To help companies prepare,
- GDPR Assessments: Review requirements and applicability, and then identify gaps and areas of risk across people, process and technology to develop a pragmatic roadmap and action plan.
- GDPR Technology and Program Implementation: Provide privacy subject-matter expertise and assist with the implementation of GDPR-enabling technology, from data mapping to records management and data remediation. Define requirements, perform vendor selection and implement compliant processes and procedures.
Data Map Development: Develop a GDPR-specific personal data map and inventory personal data across the enterprise, where it flows internally and externally in the organization.
- Sensitive Data Remediation: Define and classify data to identify redundant, old or trivial (“ROT”) data appropriate for remediation, and decommission applications.
- Data Subject Rights: Define a standardized process to review and efficiently handle data subject requests, including defining roles and responsibilities for internal and external stakeholders. Enable efficient data mapping, identification and searching across diverse data sources.
- Privacy Impact Assessment and Privacy by Design: Assess risks for specific areas, systems or projects, update system provisioning processes, policies, procedures, roles and technical standards, and review and align with an Enterprise Risk Framework.
“There isn’t a silver-bullet technology solution for GDPR compliance,” said
FTI Consulting’s GDPR readiness services are flexible and can range from a single short-term project to a complete transformational service with ongoing monitoring. The offerings address key corporate data challenges with safety and defensibility by mining, storing, migrating and disposing of corporate data, as well as designing and implementing defensible e-discovery and information governance policies that are cost-effective and do not disrupt business operations. Visit FTI Consulting’s GDPR readiness services website for more information.
555 12th Street NW