WASHINGTON, Jan. 10, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FTI Consulting, Inc. (NYSE:FCN) today announced that its Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment has been recognized as an industry leader globally through several award programs organized by Credit Strategy, Institute for Turnaround, M&A Advisor, The Global M&A Network and the Turnaround Management Association (“TMA”).
“We are honored that industry organizations from across the globe recognize FTI Consulting at the highest levels of performance for our efforts serving as trusted advisors to countless clients in diverse industries, navigating a broad range of restructuring and M&A issues,” said Michael Eisenband, Global Co-Leader of the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment at FTI Consulting. “Our experts specialize in guiding companies and their stakeholders through complex situations. These awards recognized the formidable talent and expertise within of our teams and our steadfast commitment to client success.”
David Morris, a Senior Managing Director and Head of Restructuring UK at FTI Consulting, added, “These awards set the benchmark for excellence within our industry, and I am thrilled by this success. They are a recognition of the hard work and outstanding client support of our international group of experts, which has ensured our practice is going from strength to strength. I am proud of the entire team and give my sincere thanks to them all.”
The industry recognitions include:
• Turnaround, Restructuring & Insolvency (“TRI”) Awards: The TRI Awards, presented by Credit Strategy, are the landmark awards for the turnaround, restructuring and insolvency profession, championing the work and commitment across the firms, teams and individuals in turnaround, funding, corporate restructuring, insolvency and personal debt advice. FTI Consulting was awarded “International Firm of the Year” at a recent awards gala in London.
• 2018 Institute for Turnaround Awards: FTI Consulting was named Turnaround Advisor of the Year, which is the second consecutive year the firm has won this award. This award recognizes firms that are actively involved in creating sustainable turnarounds and delivering optimal outcomes for all stakeholders.
• 17th Annual M&A Advisor Awards: The M&A Advisor Awards identify and honor the leading transactions, firms and individuals that represent the highest levels of achievement across the industry, covering lower, middle market and multi-billion-dollar restructurings and transactions. From a pool of over 230 nominees, representing over 600 companies, FTI Consulting was named a winner in the Sector Deal of the Year/Consumer Staples Deal of the Year (over $100 million) category for its work with Southeastern Grocers.
• 10th Annual Americas M&A Atlas Awards: The Americas M&A Atlas Awards, from the Global M&A Network, honor the best value-creating deals, outstanding firms, illustrious dealmakers and growth leaders from the corporate, investment, restructuring and transactional communities worldwide. Covering five continents and evaluating over 810 eligible transactions, only 50 deals are honored at the awards gala. FTI Consulting was recognized for deals in the following categories:
- Americas Restructuring Deal (Mid-Market): Chapter 11 reorganization of ExGen Texas Power, subsidiary of Exelon Corporation
- Americas Distressed M&A Deal (Large): Adeptus Health restructuring and acquisition by Deerfield Management
• Top 50 Americas Rising Star Dealmakers: The first awards program of its kind by the Global M&A Network, the Top 50 Americas Rising Star Dealmakers list recognizes exceptional dealmakers from the private equity, legal, investment bank and wider M&A deal communities who play an influential role in their company and the industry. FTI Consulting’s Alan Boyko, a Senior Managing Director in the Turnaround & Restructuring Services practice in Denver, was named to the inaugural list.
• 2018 TMA Chicago/Midwest Chapter Awards: Each year, the TMA recognizes chapter members who orchestrate a non-operational restructuring to preserve value in a distressed business. FTI Consulting’s Sean Gumbs, Alan Tantleff and Edward Moser were recognized as part of the Small Transaction of the Year Award for their chapter as a result of their work in the reorganization of The Lombard Public Facilities Corporation.
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting, Inc.
555 12th Street NW
Washington, DC 20004
FTI Consulting, Inc.