Expanded Bench of Experts and Solutions to Meet Companies’ Growing Needs for Robust Global Data Protection Programs
WASHINGTON, Dec. 05, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FTI Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: FCN), today announced the expansion of its Information Governance, Privacy and Security (“IGP&S”) practice and launch of its Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) Service solution within the firm’s Technology segment. The practice has increased its bench of experts recently to remain ahead of changes and emerging challenges in the data privacy landscape and is delivering additional solutions to navigate today’s complex privacy risk matrix, including a DPO-as-a-service offering to help companies satisfy regulatory requirements.
“Privacy is one of the most significant consumer protection and corporate risk issues in the global information economy,” said Jake Frazier, Leader of the IGP&S practice at FTI Technology. “The imperative exists across all industries, regions and markets. Organizations must establish proper data privacy risk management and information governance, or risk material impacts to their business model and bottom line. Our team works with clients to evaluate their unique privacy risk management needs, strengthen their risk and compliance posture and future-proof their personal data management practices.”
A wide range of data protection laws around the globe — from the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) to the emerging California Consumer Protection Act (“CaCPA”) — are establishing complicated and expansive private rights of action, granting consumers and employees the ability to sue companies for damages. To meet these challenges, company stakeholders and shareholders are determining how to preserve the value of their data repositories, continue business activity and reconcile strategy and operations with regulatory obligations.
The IGP&S practice brings a deep bench of experts who address changing and emerging challenges in the data privacy landscape and are delivering solutions to navigate today’s complex privacy risk matrix.
FTI Consulting provides a range of privacy services, including:
- Privacy Managed Services: Ongoing support and services including DPO services, crisis management, on-call breach support and operational and management support;
- Program Development: Depending upon the client’s need, services can include strategy development, program implementation and transformation;
- Regulatory Assessments and Process Development: For companies that need to better understand their regulatory risk, these services can include regulatory gap assessments, policy drafting, compliance process implementation and regulatory affairs support for GDPR, HIPAA, CaCPA and more;
- Privacy Tech Enablement: As companies grow increasingly reliant upon digital automation, the IGP&S team of data privacy experts can implement “privacy engineering” best practices to ensure technology environments adhere to data privacy requirements;
- Privacy Risk Management: Data privacy experts can conduct quantitative privacy and information security risk analysis, including emerging, third-party and operational risk, as well as control testing and control tuning;
- Deal Support: Ensure that privacy due diligence is conducted as part of M&A activities and post-acquisition integration; and
- Industry-Specific Solutions: Technology, ad-tech/media, telecom, financial services, healthcare and life sciences subject-matter experts can address nuanced, industry-specific data privacy challenges.
“The drivers and pain points around data privacy today extend far beyond operationalizing GDPR compliance,” said Sophie Ross, Global Chief Executive Officer of FTI Technology. “GDPR has provided a significant opportunity for companies to strengthen their data privacy practices and improve their foundation for consumer trust. Still, many are struggling to fully execute their privacy programs or establish processes they can sustain and enforce over the long term. We have worked with hundreds of clients, of varying size and scope, to build programs that incorporate the right balance of technology, policy, people and workflow, and address compliance without hindering business activities.
FTI Technology’s privacy services build upon the firm’s history of experience and knowledge in delivering dedicated solutions for information governance, compliance, security and data privacy risk. In addition to expanding its range of solutions, the firm has bolstered its IGP&S team with 15 new consultants in the last 18 months, including the hire of Senior Managing Director Steven S. McNew, an expert with 31 years of experience in information management, information privacy, complex discovery and computer forensics. In addition, the firm’s newly launched DPO Service offering gives companies a simple and cost-effective mechanism to meet crucial regulatory requirements by providing expert knowledge of data protection law and practices, properly monitoring the company’s regulatory compliance and data privacy risk, training staff, conducting assessments, maintaining processing records, conducting audits and liaising with supervisory authorities.
For more information and to see the full suite of FTI Technology’s offerings, visit https://www.ftitechnology.com/solutions/information-governance-and-compliance-consulting-services.
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting, Inc.
555 12th Street NW
Washington, DC 20004
FTI Consulting, Inc.