New Software Development Kit Extends Platform Capabilities of Leading E-Discovery Software
WASHINGTON, Jan. 30, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FTI Consulting, Inc. (NYSE:FCN) today announced that its Ringtail business has released version 9.4 of its award-winning e-discovery software, which is available to law firms, corporations and government agencies via Software as a Service (“SaaS”), on-premise license and the Ringtail partner network.
This release continues the evolution of Ringtail from a proprietary software application to a documented extensible platform. It includes the licensable Ringtail Software Development Kit (“SDK”), which enables partners and clients to build platform extensions.
“The Ringtail ecosystem of clients and partners includes some of the most creative thought leaders in e-discovery,” said Bill Adams, a Senior Managing Director and Head of the Ringtail business. “From the use of Ringtail’s advanced, visual analytics for accelerated document review to smarter ways of tracking and invoicing for services, Ringtail clients continue to take the software in exciting new directions. And with the release of this new SDK, we expect innovation to flourish.”
The SDK, which includes documentation, training and optional support from the Ringtail team, is comprised of three elements that enable developers to write applications:
- The Ringtail Connect API allows legal teams to create custom reports by pulling data from a Ringtail case or across cases and automate multi-step operations such as creating cases, adding users and generating review team assignments.
- Ringtail Data Models facilitate the creation of data structures for knowledge management applications such as custodian media tracking, issue and fact chronologies, Freedom of Information Act request tracking and fulfillment, and task management.
- Ringtail User Interface Extensions enable the creation and display of custom “panes” inside review workspaces, the case home screen and the organization portal.
In addition to the new SDK, Ringtail version 9.4 includes several advancements designed to improve the speed and efficiency of early case assessment, document review and case management, including:
- Mac-compatible document review: The newly integrated Microsoft Office Online Viewer means legal teams can now search, review and code documents from any HTML5-compliant browser – including Safari.
- Customizable browse panels: Users can now configure Ringtail’s browse panel to display only those facets and metadata elements that are necessary to the review or investigation at hand. Newly available facets include people, organizations – including domain names – document types and picklists.
- Improved document imaging: Document imaging is now integrated into the Ringtail Processing Framework, improving speed and reliability while providing real-time error handling and additional imaging options.
- New export options: Ringtail users can generate exports directly from a search result list alongside predefined coding reports.
JR Jenkins, a Managing Director for Product & Services Marketing for Ringtail, added: “There’s a clear trend in the market: legal teams are looking for a reliable e-discovery platform that also provides innovation they can use today – and with Ringtail, you get both.”
The Ringtail e-discovery platform helps law firms, corporations and government agencies around the world tackle the complexity and scope of today’s e-discovery. A full-featured platform, Ringtail software processes and culls data, provides a broad range of tools for data review and coding, and empowers users with a comprehensive set of redaction and production tools. Ringtail also features world-class visual analytics, concept clustering, predictive coding and advanced workflows. Ringtail is available in a SaaS deployment model, as a managed services model with assistance from Ringtail’s partner network or as an on-premises installation.
Ringtail e-discovery software has received numerous honors from the legal and IT industries, including selection by The National Law Journal, The Legal Intelligencer, The Recorder and KMWorld, as a leader in e-discovery software.
Ringtail demonstrations will be available at the Legaltech New York 2018 conference from January 30 - February 1, 2018 in booth 1505 at the New York Hilton Midtown. For more information, please visit www.Ringtail.com.
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2016. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting, Inc.